North East Overview
Quorum is an edge-of-town business park rather than an out-of-town location.
As such, it benefits from the infrastructure of Newcastle, the vibrant capital of North East England, where incredible culture, thrilling sport, superb shopping, exciting nightlife and top-notch cuisine are just waiting to be discovered.
With so many different areas, each offering new sights, sounds and experiences, you’ll be amazed at the quality of life on offer in North East England. From your daily commute, to the choice of excellent schools, our outstanding health service and the cost of quality housing compared to other parts of the UK, it all adds up to making the North East one of the best places in the country to live and work.
Quorum is one of the most cost effective platforms in the country.*
The Quorum Park catchment area extends to a 30 minute commute of the park. It covers the council boundaries of Newcastle, North Tyneside, South Tyneside, Gateshead, and South East Nothumberland.
The available workforce within this catchment is impressive, with a deep labour pool of skilled and versatile staff who have a reputation for not only being friendly, but also hard working and loyal. The regions schools have excellent GCSE results and there is a ready supply of high calibre graduates from the five universities.
Increasing devolution is boosting the range of financial assistance available to businesses creating jobs in the region. Quorum Park is located in an Assisted Area supported by North Tyneside Council, the North East LEP and the North East Combined Authority. The team at Quorum work with our partners to assist occupiers to identify where financial support can be assured.
* Incorporating staff, property and ancillary costs
Quorum Employee Catchment Areas
Travel and transport
Tyne and Wear has higher levels of public transport than any other metropolitan area outside of London.
The network comprises of the award-winning Metro rail system, as well as comprehensive bus and national rail services. The region also boasts an international airport which serves 60 global destinations.
There are excellent links in regards to foot and cycle routes, so getting to work or exploring the area’s beauty has never been easier.
- Five universities offering world class teaching and research.
- Newcastle universities have the highest graduate retention rate outside of London.
- 93,000 people within the Quorum catchment area are active in the employment market.
- A large available pool of labour, weekly wages 15% below the national average and some of the most cost effective occupancy rates in the country.
- A good proportion of sales, administrative and customer service skills available in the local workforce.
- 1 million people within a 30 minute commute of Quorum, of which 700,000 are of working age (16-64).
- Tyne and Wear Metro system carries 40 million people every year and links together major transport hubs with people and businesses.
- Great connections to Britain’s two capital cities, London and Edinburgh, which are both under three hours commute.