Why Quorum Park is the place to be
In February, we were delighted to announce that Verisure had chosen Quorum Park as the location for its new UK operating site, with a commitment to creating 1,000 jobs in North Tyneside.
The international security alarm company closely considered more than 15 of the UK’s larger urban areas but ultimately decided that Quorum Park was the ideal location to grow its UK business.
According to Verisure’s managing director, Gabino Sanchez, North Tyneside stood out as the ideal location for many reasons including the friendliness of the people, the incredible quality of life and the high standard of education.
Northshoring is defined as the process whereby organisations relocate work from the south of the country to the north for a range of reasons including easier access to skilled workers and better value office accommodation.
At Quorum Park we have seen first-hand the many ways that companies can thrive by relocating to new high quality office accommodation with good amenities. Construction giant Balfour Beatty relocated from London, choosing Quorum as its base for a new customer support centre, creating over 450 new jobs for the region. Within a year of opening, it reported a cost saving for the business of £15m.
But whilst northshoring is a strategic corporate endeavour, there are also increasing numbers of workers opting to independently relocate from the capital to the north of England for a change in lifestyle.
Newcastle is amongst those northern cities currently experiencing the fastest rise in the number of workers arriving from London, according to data from the Office for National Statistics.
So if you are employer, or an employee, considering what Newcastle has to offer, here are our top 5 reasons why this is such a great place to live and work:
1) A better commuting experience – A two hour commute on an overcrowded train may be commonplace in London but not here in Newcastle. The average commute to Quorum Park is 30 minutes and there are a good range of travel modes available including the Tyne and Wear Metro as well as a vast network of maintained off-road cycle routes along redundant railway lines and wagon ways.
2) A healthier lifestyle – A shorter commute means more time to enjoy the great outdoors. We have the Northumberland National Park, many stunning castles, the beautiful Tyne Valley and superb beaches all on our doorstep. Quick surf before work anyone?
3) A friendly place to call home – It is well known that Geordies are a friendly bunch and if you are looking to leave London behind for somewhere where people still have time to stop for a chat then look no further than Newcastle.
4) More affordable housing options – For many, getting on the property ladder in London is nothing more than a pipe dream. But consider this, the average house price last year was £475,000 in London compared with only £155,000 in Newcastle and there are some fantastic opportunities in the rental market too.
5) A great night out – Newcastle has a vibrant food, drink and arts scene with new restaurants, craft ale bars and shipping container villages popping up all over the city. If you are looking for culture, the city’s historic Theatre Royal hosts many leading West End shows whilst across the river there is Sage Gateshead, the iconic international music centre.
Quorum is one of the biggest office parks in the North East with over 180,000 sq.ft of Grade A office space currently available. For more details please visit https://quorumpark.com/