We’re partnering with Venture Zero North East to help our onsite tenants work towards their Net Zero ambitions and achieve a recongnised certification.
Claire Thew from Venture Zero will be delivering training from the Q11 Building over two mornings on Thursday 23rd March and Wednesday 29th March. 9.30 am – 1.00 pm.
What is Carbon Literacy?
Carbon Literacy is “An awareness of the carbon costs and impacts of everyday activities and the ability and motivation to reduce emissions, on an individual, community and organisational basis.”
Carbon Literacy training is a full day program (8hours), the end of which participants have to submit group (workplace/community group) and individual carbon reduction pledges to enable them to become “Carbon Literate” and gain certification. Certification is done independently through the Carbon Literacy Project .
Who is it for?
Anyone in the workplace, a community group or a third sector organisation who knows they should be taking climate action but doesn’t know where to start.
This Carbon Literacy for Interested Organisations course is also recommended for organisations who may be considering a wider roll out for training. We’ll show you how to create sector specific training, relevant to your audiences.
If your organisation has measured (or is thinking about) its carbon footprint, then this course will help you understand the drivers behind the Net Zero agenda and how to take people along the journey with you.
What to expect
The learning outcomes for the course include:
Module 1: Climate Science 101
- Jargon busting around the climate crisis.
- What Greenhouse Gases are and their relationship to weather and climate.
- The environmental and human impact of climate breakdown, locally, nationally, globally.
- How changes in the climate are already affecting us and likely to affect us in the future.
Module 2: Measure and Manage
- Understand what is meant by a carbon footprint.
- What makes up a carbon footprint – personal and in the workplace.
- Understanding Net Zero to enable you to make more informed decisions.
- What actions you can take at home and work to reduce your impact.
Module 3: Talking Climate, Taking Action
- Understanding frames of reference in relation to the climate crisis.
- The barriers to communicating about climate change.
- How to have conversations that motivate others to take action.
At Venture Zero we recognise that the Climate Crisis is a big and over-whelming topic. We engage participants in a fun and inter-active course that will leave you feeling empowered and inspired to take action.
Quorum Park’s Sustainability and Community Director, Laura McGrath is hopeful of a diverse response across tenants. ‘As individuals it’s easy to feel lost in the fight against climate change, but one of the most powerful tools we have is educating others and making sure we’re all working from the same page and working together for a better world.
Carbon literacy training is digestable and achievable but it’s also hard hitting and empowering – exactly the kind of thing we’re looking for from our Sustainability Advocates across site.”
The course is usually £99 per person but we’re part funding and offering for £50 per person for people working at Quorum Park. Interested in a a place? Email email@example.com